“What was that fish?” is a common question heard after a dive.
If you want to be the scuba diver with the answers, instead of the one asking the questions, then take the Fish Identification Specialty course.
You’ll enjoy your dives even more when you recognize the creatures that you see and can identify the main fish families and their characteristics.
Once you learn to recognize what types of fish you see, you’ll find it easier to reference the exact species after a scuba dive.
During your one night class and two scuba dives, you’ll learn:
- How to identify characteristics of local fish families and species.
- Fish survey techniques and strategies.
- About Project AWARE activities that can help protect aquatic life
In addition to the Fish ID, you will get the Lobster Class.
Have you ever wanted to dive for lobster but don’t know where to start?
We can guide you in the right direction with our Lobster Catching Course.
Hunting for lobsters is one of the most fun dive experiences you can have!
They hide in little crevices, so you peek, peer, and generally sneak around to try to find one.
During your one night class, you'll learn:
- How to measure the lobsters
- Determine if it's a female bearing eggs
- Types of lobsters
- How each of the various tools work & which ones work best together
- Techniques you’ll need to ensure those delicious crustaceans don’t evade you!
The best lobstering experience is a safe and thoroughly prepared one!
Get the most out of the season and have fun!