Let's Get Back Diving...Safely
Palm Beach & Boward Counties released an Executive Order to open boat ramps and marinas as of Wednesday, April 29, which allows us to get you back on the water again. As the charters re-open, please understand that the safety and well-being of the divers, staff and crew is very important.
We’ve outlined below a few new policies and dive procedures for COVID-19, effective immediately, to help ensure that our divers and our team stay healthy in the weeks to come. Please note that each individual charter may implement additional procedures. These policies and procedures follow the rules set forth by Palm Beach & Broward County and will be updated as new information is released.
Your help following with these procedures is vital to our ability to take you diving. While we will do our best to ensure your safety through these additional efforts, please consider your personal well-being carefully and make choices that are best for yourself and your loved ones.
Due to limited capacity some charters have raised their rates & suspended any diveshop (wholesale) rate which means we here at ADI will need to increase our rates to meet their retail price. Additionally because the spaces are limited & in high demand, we here at ADI cannot offer refunds or credits on any trips unless canceled due to weather.
Rates will be as follows for all 2 tank dives:
Jupiter Dive Center $90
Pura Vida Divers $100
S. Florida Dive Headquarters $80
Parrot Island Scuba $70
Student rates will remain at $65 aboard Scubatyme
When you’re ready to begin diving again, we will be here to get you in the water!
What to Expect on the Dive Boats
- Charters will be limited to half capacity based on the size of the boat, including a Dive Guide and Deckhand
- Please arrive 1 hour prior to departure time to allow sufficient time for check-in procedures
- Tanks will be placed on the boat to maintain Social Distancing
- Captains, Crew & Guests should wear a face cover (mask, buff, gaiter)
- Maintain Social Distancing during Check In & while on the boat
- Handrails, communal surfaces and the marine head will be sanitized before, during and after each charter
- Water will be available, each charter is handling this differently, you may want to bring your own or at least your personal reusable water bottle to have filled.
- Please bring your certification card. To limit contact they will not look up any certification cards. If you lost your card, please call us ahead of your charter day and we will order a new card for you.
- You will be assigned a spot on the boat. There will be limited undercover spaces. Please bring a hat and sunblock to protect yourself.
- If you are the boats nitrox tanks or they are filling yours, you will witness a crew member analyzing the mix in the tank and you will log your mix.
- Tanks will be brought down to the boat.
- When the captain is setting divers up for diving, we are requiring regulators be put in your mouth prior to standing up. This will allow the deck hand to help assist you getting to the stern of the boat and protecting himself at the same time.
- After the dive, please leave your regulator in your mouth until you are seated, and the deck hand secures you in your seat.
- Some charters have removed the rinse buckets for masks as well as the gear rinse bucket, if you are using our rental gear, please make sure you rinse it with the hose prior to leaving & then use our rinse buckets when you return to the store.
These procedures will be fluid. We will adjust as needed. Please be patient with all crew and each other, we are all learning new safety procedures together.
PLEASE CONSIDER: If you suffer from seasickness, please consider not booking. If you decide to book, please take additional precautions with seasick medications.
What to Expect from ADI
- Continual sanitizing of all shared spaces
- Disinfecting of display masks after each customer
- Soaking of rental equipment with industry standard & approved cleaner/sanitizer after every use
- Use of Octo's during Open Water Class so students no not share mouthpieces
- Masks are encouraged but not mandatory
- Hand Sanitizer by each register & for sale!